Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Donovan's Reflections





Scott was very ethical, he loved animals, liked to watch sports, his favorite NFL tram was the Steelers, his favorite college football team was WVU, his favorite NBA team was the Boston Celtics, his favorite MLB team was the Red Sox. He knew what referees he liked. He was good at spending money. He had a masters degree. He worked at Raytheon as a systems engineer. He was good at BBQing, but at the same time he was a terrible cook. Some of his favorite movies were Gladiator, Brave Heart, Star Wars, It’s a Wonderful Life, Ground Hog Day, and October Sky. He hated bad drivers, bad parkers, people who wore their hats backwards and/or pants so low that you could see their underwear, and when someone called on the phone during the NFL draft. One of the best things he ever taught me was to work hard at every thing because there will be a lot of other people and you need to be the one who stands out.

4 comments:

Tucson Mom said...

It really sounds like your Dad was passionate about a lot of things. Your comments made me laugh out loud! I really like what you said you learned about working hard. Don't ever forget it.
Michelle Nielsen

TucsonBrowns said...

Donovan-I think you have listened to your Dad about working hard. I have seen you work hard like that. I know your Dad has taught you well because you are always a great example of honesty and hard work. I loved hearing the fun stuff that irritated him!

Anonymous said...

You obviously are quite the observer. You saw your dad's likes and dislikes and you enjoy remembering these things. I got quite a chuckle from your comment that he was a great BBQer but not such a great cook. He taught you good values and enthusiasm.

Nathan said...

I can't stand a bad parking job either. My wife sometimes makes fun of me for backing up and reparking when I don't get it straight the first time. Your list of your dad's likes and dislikes is a crack up. I too like the part about him teaching you how to work. That's such an important lesson.